So many powerful words have been spoken and written down over the course of history. A few months ago, I started collecting these words of wisdom in my own little book of quotes to inspire and motivate me! I thought that I’d share some of my favorites so far. I’m sure that I will have a ‘Part 2’ of this post in the future!
1. Where your talents and the needs of the world cross, there lies your purpose. -Aristotle
2. Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. -Psalm 37:4
3. Faith is taking the first step, even when you don’t see the whole staircase. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest you. -Mother Teresa
5. Every outcome of every challenge should reveal how God supplies the grace to make it through the seemingly impossible. -Father Leo Patalinghug
6. When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me. -Erma Bombeck
7. The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet. -Frederick Buechner
8. Do not lose heart, even if you should discover that you lack qualities necessary for the work to which you are called. He who called you will not desert you, but the moment you are in need he will stretch out his saving hand. -Saint Angela Merici
9. Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid. -Basil King
10. Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your path. -Proverbs 3:5-6
Click for a PDF version of this list!
Update: To read 10 more of my favorite inspirational quotes, click here!