As I mentioned in my original 10 Inspirational Quotes about Following God’s Will post, I love collecting words of wisdom! I’m back again with some more to share! Please feel free to add your own favorites in the Comments section! I’d love to read them!
1. Being a Christian is less about cautiously avoiding sin than about courageously and actively doing God’s will. -Eric Metaxas
2. Do not wish to be anything but what you are, and try to be that perfectly. -St. Francis de Sales
3. For me to be a saint means to be myself. Therefore the problem of sanctity and salvation is in fact the problem of finding out who I am and of discovering my true self. -Thomas Merton
4. There are no ‘ifs’ in God’s world. And no places that are safer than other places. The center of His will is our only safety – let us pray that we may always know it! -Corrie Ten Boom
5. For each of us, there is only one thing necessary: to fulfill our own destiny, according to God’s will, to be what God wants us to be. -Thomas Merton
6. Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do–then do it with all your strength. -George Washington
7. We can only learn to know ourselves and do what we can – namely, surrender our will and fulfill God’s will in us. -St. Teresa of Avila
8. Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire. -St. Catherine of Siena
9. God doesn’t require that you succeed, he only requires that you try. -Mother Teresa
10. We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose. -Romans 8:28
**UPDATE: This post originally assigned the first quote to Dietrich Bonhoeffer in error. It is now corrected to reflect the actual author, Eric Metaxas.